Get celeb makeup and hair straight from the SAG awards with this Avon AND John Freida giveaway!
Congrats to our winner Susan!
The truth is I HATE watching awards shows- I mean it seems so self congratulatory and even a bit indulgent on the part of these mega rich celebs who already have so much adulation and material wealth- to also be the recipient and yet more accolades. I’d sooner rather watch an awards show for teachers or first responders than have to look at the mug of egocentric directors like James Cameron or the I’d rather be anywhere but here (dripping in diamonds, surrounded by filet mignon and free-flowing champagne)mug of the starlet du-jour.
But I am a bit of a girlie girl when it comes to the RED CARPETS- and love watching how some of these stars vamp it up. Oh and if I can duplicate that look at home- well that’s just a fringe benefit. And guess what readers one of you in going to win ALL THE PRODUCTS it took to achieve Naya Rivera’s look (one of my favorite actresses- who is a TRIPLE THREAT in my book)at the Sag Awards Red carpet.
SERIOUS VERONICA LAKE!
Celebrity hairstylist Clyde Haygood gave Naya Rivera a statement-making red carpet look for tonight’s SAG Awards: with dramatic and glamorous long waves, Rivera looked like a modern day Veronica Lake. Below please find the steps he took to create her sleek and classic look, using products from John Frieda.
Step 1 – Prep
Clyde applied Frizz-Ease Hair Serum Original Formula ($8.99 at drugstores) to Naya’s wet hair before blow-drying. “We wanted defined waves, and this serum blocks out frizz and gives you sleek results.”
Step 2 – Style
Next, Clyde used a curling iron with a 1 ½ inch barrel to begin curling hair section by section, pinning each curl with a duckbill clip and spraying Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray (5.99 at drugstores) to set.
Step 3 – Perfect
Once the curls cooled, Clyde sprayed just a few spritzes Frizz-Ease Spiral Style Spray Gel ($5.99) for definition and added shine. “We also used this gel formula to sculpt the hair away from Naya’s face” so her romantic makeup would be more visible when she hit the red carpet.
Makeup artist Jo Baker was inspired by Naya’s sexy bombshell gown and retro-style waves. Baker’s makeup look for Naya was a modern take on old Hollywood glamour that complemented Naya’s powerful dress with a soft, fresh, and feminine face.
- Baker created Naya’s glowing complexion with Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation and YoungBlood Mineral Blush in Rouge.
- Baker lined the inner rims and lash lines of Naya’s eyes with Avon Glimmersticks Eyeliner in Cosmic Brown, and smudged Avon Glimmersticks Diamonds
Eyelinerinto the outer edges to create a softly winged line.
- Baker completed the romantic and slightly metallic smoky eye by using a taupey shimmery brown shadow all over Naya’s eyelids, and by coating Naya’s lashes with Avon SuperExtend Mascara in Black.
- Baker prepped Naya’s lips with Chanel Rouge Coco Baume to keep them soft and hydrated.
- In order to make Naya’s lips look super sensuous, like they had just been kissed, Baker lined them with Chanel Lip Liner in #25 Pink Sugar, and applied Avon’s NEW Totally Kissable lipstick in Loving Lilac.