Husbands LISTEN UP Flowers are a girl’s best friend and a Modern Enchantment giveaway
Congrats to our winner Monja Blue
I was recently at a retirement party for one of my husband’s friends- yes I know the charmed life of marrying someone 15 years older than me- I get a ticket to the retirement party circuit. Sure the retirement scene has its fringe benefits; the roast beef carving stations were a flowin and so was the wine and there were so many white men sporting overbites on the dance floor to Earth Wind and Fire– well I was just heady with excitement over it all.
But what I loved most about this retirement party were the fresh flower centerpieces. I even tried to abscond with our tables’ but my husband asked that I kindly refrain as this was not a bar mitzvah where guests (like me) basically abscond with everything but the dirty tablecloth. These sunflowers in their beautiful glass vase beckoned me; they filled me with a sense of lightness, calm and peace and well I wanted them…BAD!So when the 1-800 flowers team contacted me about their fall collections well they had me at hello!
When it comes to decorating for the fall with Flowers Shawn Rabideau – celebrity event planner and Celebrations.com expert offers these Trends this fall:
Plaid / Hounds Tooth / Quatrefoil – Celtic Patterns / Tribal Patterns
Simple yet elegant touches make all the difference, this wreath goes great on the front door or as a centerpiece with a candle inside you can nab one of these Large Fall Mesh Wreath to achieve that look!
Burnt Orange / Eggplant / Royal Blue / Venetian Red / Deep Teal
These arrangements offer the perfect variety of beautiful fall colors and are perfect as décor additions, table centerpieces or fall gifts: Garden of Grandeur for Fall and Fruitful Gatherings And don’t forget to transition your pillows, throws, placemats and napkins from bright summer colors to incorporate more of these fall colors and patterns.
You can take our home from Summer to Fall:
Pansy’s aren’t just for Spring! They are great fall flowers too! Purchase them in the colors of Orange, Blue, Yellow and Purple
Use autumn scents around your home such as candles or spices of cinnamon, nutmeg and all spice
Try this Pumpkin Spiced Candle with a decorative lamp shade to add some fall spice to your home
Decorate with what nature provides – use zinnias, chrysanthemums and other fall floral such as autumn branches in key areas of your home or dining space. This Sunflower Centerpiece also makes a warm and seasonal addition to your tabletop this fall.
And Julie McCann Mulligan, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM floral lifestyle expert offers these tips to help you keep your fall flowers arrangements fresh:
· Always use clean vases or containers. Bacteria in the water will shorten the life span of your flowers. Household bleach is an excellent cleaning agent for your floral containers.
· Fill the container about ¾ full with warm water and floral food (according to packet directions).
· Remove all of the leaves that will be under the water while in the vase. Leaves that are submerged will rot, thus creating bacteria.
· Each stem should be given a fresh cut, on an angle and ideally while holding the stem under water. Cutting under water prevents air from getting into the stem which could block the flow of water from going all the way up the stem and to the actual flower. You can fill up a sink or a small bowl to do this. Cut at least an inch from the bottom of the stem. Of course you can cut it as short as you would like for your arrangement.
· Change the water and flower food every three to four days and re-cut the stems.
And since I love to share goodies with my readers I’m giving away a Modern Enchantment™ for Fall arrangement for your honey
husbands- FYI women LOVE FLOWERS!! Leave a comment here with your favorite flower. For a second entry you can like Married my sugar daddy on facebook and for a third entry you cab follow @MelissaSChapman on twitter and retweet this giveaway. Good luck- giveaway ends on September 27th at 12 midnight EST.