Spice up your married sex life: 5 tips to turn your bedroom into a love nest
I hate admitting that at times I’d rather be playing Scrabble than having sex with my husband, and that watching paint dry is at times infinitely more exciting than my married sex life. I think ultimately the bottom line is it’s challenging to keep one’s married sex life as titillatingly fresh as that dating and newlywed sex you and your partner once engaged in. More than anything I want to chuck my take-one- for-the-team attitude and really begin to think more in terms of the phrase Carpe Diem when thinking about having sex with my beloved husband.
So I’ve called in the big guns to help both you married ladies out there, as well as myself, take your married sex life up several notches so that hopefully from here on in- sex with your husband will be more akin to “rockets red glare and bombs bursting in air” as opposed to you know, that whole paint drying phenomenon that tends to characterize what’s happening in your bedroom these days.
As founder of Booty Parlor, the sexy confidence, beauty, and lifestyle brand, Dana B. Myers has changed the lives thousands of women, from A-List celebrities to stay-at-home moms, by inspiring them to boost their sexy self-confidence and create sexier, more satisfying experiences, inside and outside of the bedroom. She is also the author of The Official Booty Parlor Mojo Makeover: Four Weeks To A Sexier You (HarperCollins) and says think of your bedroom as a sanctuary, a place that you escape to… an oasis. When you turn your bedroom into an oasis for seduction, you’ll find that you both want to spend more time there – together. She offers these five moves (and a few key accessories) to make your bedroom feel more fabulous, and you’ll feel sexier in it!
1. Ditch the clutter. Move the exercise equipment and all traces of work to another room—they’re reminders of things you need to do and they distract you from sexy thoughts. File the store receipts away and put any kid or in-law photos in the den or playroom, you don’t need them watching!
2. Add sexy accents. Think: a frilly, bordello-inspired bedside lamp, a string of tiny white lights along your curtains, a twinkly chandelier. And of course, light some candles!
3. Upgrade your bedding. Bedding that feels good against bare skin is so seductive. Look for satin or silk which are slinky and sexy. Another favorite of mine (especially in the cooler months) is cotton jersey—it’s amazingly soft and happens to be totally affordable.
4. Keep chocolate close by! It’s an aphrodisiac. Share molten chocolate cake in bed. The texture alone is…naughty.
5. Debut a new frisky accessory. No question, it will inspire desire! Whatever you choose to spice things up, whether it’s a piece of lingerie, a toy, a sexy movie, make a show of it by displaying it on top of your bed. Glancing at it during the day will build anticipation for you (and your partner!).